Alliance Throwdown is a bi-weekly event requiring coordinated work of all clan members. In this guide, I will try to share some tips about maximizing your points while investing your resources smartly. Guide is intended both for F2P and P2P players.
Table of Contents:
- Event interface
- Before you start…
- Basic tips
- Priority tasks
- Extra tasks (F2P/P2P)
- Where to get extra speedups
- List of all event tasks
Before you start…
- Your HQ level has to be 10 at least and if you started this event in your current alliance you won’t be able to accept new challenges in case you decide to join another one.
- You have limited attempts per day to accept new challenges. You can buy up to 4 attempts per day for biocaps.
- You can repeat same challenge as many times as you like, provided you find it on the board and you have enough attempts left.
- Once you (or your clanmate) take a challenge, it disappears from the list and a new one will pop in 30 minutes. Alliance R4 and above can remove challenge at any moment and force a new one to be generated in 30 minutes.
- First and most important tip – before you accept any event challenge, check the rest of the events on your billboard. Usually, you have 1 or 2 parallel ones requiring specific resource to be utilized. For example, the next 2 days we have a “Power Sprint” classic challenge and it requires spending construction, research and troops speedups. So do accept those challenges in your Alliance Throwdown list and progress both events!
- Any (construction, research, troops) speedups task for 900 minutes is more effective than one for 1800, 2700 or 3600 minutes. You get +110 points in the first case, then +180, +270, +300 respectively. So, if you have enough speedups to cover 1800 minutes, better to complete 2 tasks for 900 minutes each and earn +220 points instead of +180.
Note: this is not the best idea if you are aiming to get in the top-3 of your clan.
- The same story applies to biocaps – spending 5000 will bring you +100 points, spending 10000 – plus 200 points, but the task for spending 15000 gives only +270.
- If you’re planning to purchase extra challenge attempts, do that just before reset happens – in that case, you can take a task for spending 5000 biocaps. Then purchasing 4 attempts twice (before and after reset) will cost 3400 biocaps, so you can easily invest remaining 1600 somewhere else and earn +100 points easily (there are few ideas relevant to this challenge described below).
- If you took some speedups task(s) but suddenly you ran out of them – no worries. There are a few places where you can get some extra. It’s not the best investment, but at least you won’t lose your challenge attempt.
Priority tasks (F2P)
- Increase troop power by 15000 / 30000 (+70 / +120 points)
You have to train your troops anyway, so just spam this task as much as possible.
- Defeat 5 infected fiends with rallies (+80 points).
Note: you don’t have to kill the fiend, just send at least 1 soldier and ask your clanmate(s) to do same. You will lose battle, get your stamina back, but it will count as 1 attempt in your task!
- Spend 300 / 600 hero gear parts (+140 / +280 points).
If your alliance does influencer trap at least twice per week, you can easily complete this objective.
- Kill 20 infected (+60 points)
Best to accept before you start with your intel missions. Since intel is refreshed every 8 hours, you should be able to finish it within a day.
- Complete 15 explorer missions (+60 points) – same as above.
- Farm 20 MLN of resources (+40 points). It doesn’t matter if you go for food, wood, metal or gas – any will count towards the challenge. Obviously, food and wood are the quickest to get.
- Use 30 legendary heroes fragments (+300 points). I would recommend doing that if there’s a parellel event where you need to use those. For example, Hero Upgrade:
Extra tasks (F2P/P2P)
- Increase highest Chief gear score / gear badge score (+150 / + 300 points). I strongly recommend combining those with respective events. See example below:
- Buy 1 / 3 / 5 bundle(s) containing 2500 biocaps or more (+150 / +380 / +500 points).
- Spend 5000 / 10000 / 15000 biocaps (+100 / +200 / +270 points)
Where to get extra speedups
Sometimes you run out of speedups after you’ve accepted a task and really need some extra minutes to complete it.
- Try completing all daily tasks, searches, parallel events etc. – they usually grant you speedups.
- Go to Store -> Market Stall. You can find speedups there and you can refresh offers up to 5 times per day for free.
- Go to Store -> VIP Store, you can buy up to 50 x 5m speedups (250 minutes for 2000 biocaps) once per week. VIP level 4 is required.
List of all event tasks
|Gather 10 MLN resources||30||24h|
|Gather 15 MLN resources||45||24h|
|Gather 20 MLN resources||60||48h|
|Kill 15 infected||45||24h|
|Kill 20 infected||60||48h|
|Complete 10 Explorer Challenges||40||24h|
|Complete 15 Explorer Challenges||60||48h|
|Increase Troop Power by 15k||70||24h|
|Increase Troop Power by 30k||120||24h|
|Kill 5 infected fiends with rallies||80||24h|
|Use 5k biocaps||100||24h|
|Use 10k biocaps||200||36h|
|Use 15k biocaps||270||48h|
|Use 900 minutes of any speedups||100||24h|
|Use 1800 minutes of any speedups||160||36h|
|Use 2700 minutes of any speedups||270||48h|
|Use 900 minutes of construction speedups||110||24h|
|Use 1800 minutes of construction speedups||180||36h|
|Use 3600 minutes of construction speedups||300||48h|
|Use 900 minutes of research speedups||110||24h|
|Use 1800 minutes of research speedups||180||36h|
|Use 3600 minutes of research speedups||300||48h|
|Use 900 minutes of troop training speedups||110||24h|
|Use 1800 minutes of troop training speedups||180||36h|
|Use 3600 minutes of troop training speedups||300||48h|
|Use 300 Hero Gear Parts||140||24h|
|Use 600 Hero Gear Parts||280||24h|
|Increase Highest Chief Gear Score by 3000||200||24h|
|Increase Highest Chief Gear Score by 6000||350||24h|
|Increase Highest Chief Gear Badge Score by 1200||150||24h|
|Increase Highest Chief Gear Badge Score by 2500||300||24h|
|Use 30 Legendary Hero Fragments||300||48h|
|Buy 1 bundle containing 2500 biocaps or more||150||24h|
|Buy 3 bundles containing 2500 biocaps or more||380||36h|
|Buy 5 bundles containing 2500 biocaps or more||500||48h|