One of the easiest yet most important in-game events, allowing you to build one of your most-used heroes – Travis. Once you have him, doing this recurring event properly will give a significant boost to your settlement growth.
The event happens every 2 weeks – usually, it starts on Wednesday and lasts for 3 days. This is the only way you can earn Epic Hero – Travis, whos unique skill (reduces Stamina consumption by 20% at max. level) will save you tons of stamina boosts. It’s the right time to spend all you have!
Any infected between Lvl. 1 to 30, attacked during the event, will grant a random number of rewards. Besides standard ones (food, wood, metal, gas, energy cell, combat manuals etc.) will drop one of the following extra items:
- Hunting rucksack
Once used, may contain the following rewards:
- Travis’s Hunting Log (Incomplete)
- Travis’s Hunting Log (Complete)
If you use any of these 2 items, it will spawn either Infected (Incomplete Log) or Elite Infected Hunter (Complete Log) on your map, allowing you to raid it and obtain more rewards.
|Reward||Infected Hunter||Elite Infected Hunter|
|Travis fragments (min-max)||2-4||4-5|
|5-min. speedups (min-max)||10-20||10-20|
|Epic Hero Badge (min-max)||1||1-2|
|Combat Manual I||8||14|
During the event
- Do NOT use Travis’s Hunting Logs – wait once the event is over;
- Spend ALL your Stamina for killing infected. Not only your daily stamina, but all your Small Chief Stamina boosts you have in your backpack. Every killed infected might drop a Hunting Rucksack with speedups and same Small Chief Stamina boosts!
- The more you kill, the better for you. For example, 750 rucksacks can give you A LOT!
You can open rucksacks at any moment to obtain more stamina and then continue killing infected.
After the event
- Use Travis’s Hunting Log (Incomplete or Complete, preferably latter ones) to spawn Infected Hunters;
- Use Travis to rally those Hunters. Since their power is quite low, the following rule is advised to be implemented in your alliance:
- Rally leader sends as many troops as possible;
- Rally joiners send only 1 troop.
This rule will allow you having maximum alliance members per rally. Please note the number of troops does NOT affect rewards obtained.
If someone tells you otherwise, send them to my website for the proof. On the images below I sent 1 soldier only and got the same amount of rewards as those sending 100k troops.
- Save the rest of your stamina for the next event in 2 weeks.
Hunting Logs drop rates
From the table below, you can see that:
- Chances to obtain a Hunting Log (Incomplete or Complete, doesn’t matter) are not dependant on the Infected Level.
- Average drop rate is 9.5% for Incomplete and 5% for Complete Hunting Log, translating in roughly 10 Incomplete and 5 Complete Logs per 100 kills.
|Infected Lvl.||# of Kills||Incomplete Logs #||Complete Logs #||Incomplete Chance||Complete Chance|
Special thanks to
- BayM#6256 (SoS Discord) for sharing 750 rucksacks opening;
- OrionAF#6982 (SoS Discord) for Hunting logs drop rates.