Attention Commander, Fred Kendall from the Dev Team reporting all that’s new to you live from the Developer War Room!
A whole month has flown by since the epic global release of Warpath on Android and iOS. We’ve fought together with many new Commanders, and we’re glad to hear that you are enjoying playing Warpath. Did you check out the Road Map released on our Community platforms? It details our development plan for the coming 6 months. We’ll be working on delivering the changes outlined in the Road Map, including the much anticipated Lvl 4 City gameplay, Airforce system, Portrait/Landscape toggle and bringing back the much-favoured Power display our Commanders have been asking for.
The current version (1.08) saw the introduction of the Alliance Store and Campaign Store. Version 1.09 sees the debut of the Assembly Manuals embedded within the Camp system.
We’ll also be applying some new optimizations in this version to the Teleport feature. Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty.Fred Kendall
Our Commanders have often pointed out that they’d love to see some Manuals in the game, providing a reference guide for units. This feedback was given to us since early in the beta testing phase. We’re pleased to announce that our Assembly Manuals are being rolled out in this update and can be found in the Camp system. Let’s delve further into these Manuals now:
- Added Assembly Manuals Guidebook
- The Assembly Manuals showcases all of the 4-Star and above units in the current version of the game, allowing Commanders to conveniently view their Max Stats and see how to acquire each unit.
- When you first get your hands on a new unit, its image lights up and can be viewed in your Manuals and you are furnished with New Unit Rewards.
- Camp Rank Optimizations
- Introduced a Camp Rank Bonus and Rewards which can be attained in the Assembly Manuals by viewing the Details for your newly assembled units.
- Repackaged Camp Rank Rewards without changing their overall value.
- We will be dispatching 1000 Gold to our Commanders as Compensation for the changes made in this update.
Since the conception of the game, we’ve always held the Teleport feature close to our hearts, however the current City Teleport rules aren’t quite in line with our expectations. We were concerned to hear that many of our Commanders got stuck in low level cities with little means of making passage through to higher level cities. Even if your alliance successfully captured a Transport Node or established its Central Command in another city, without access to a stack of Entry Permits, Commanders were still finding themselves unable to move freely between two cities. Thus Commanders may feel that their Transport Node has offered little value as a Strategic Place and have been resorting to changing alliances as a means of getting through to the city they wish to relocate to.
Bearing all of this in mind we’ve decided to go ahead with the following changes:
- Commanders Teleporting to another city no longer need their alliance to capture a Transport Node or territory within that city. So long as the City Gates are open to you, you can enter.
- When Commanders wish to enter multiple cities, the shortest route to the city will be provided and the number of Entry Permits required based on the sum of Entry Permits needed for each city through to your destination. The more cities en route to your destination, the more Entry Permits required. Let’s say you’re heading from Smolensk through to Kursk. You’ll need to pass through Vilnius, Lviv and Bryansk on the way. There are 4 cities including your destination, thus you’ll need 4 Entry Permits.
- If a Commander’s alliance captures a Transport Node allowing passage to another city, alliance Members will not need to expend Entry Permits to enter or return from this city.
- Added minimum Commander Lvl for Teleporting: Commanders must reach Lvl 13 and Lvl 20 respectively to enter a Lvl 2 or Lvl 3 city.
- Commanders may now Teleport directly when viewing another city.
We discovered that there was a jump in Power between Power Grades IX and X. Thus we decided to make the following optimizations starting at Grade IX:
- We added 2 more Power Grades so that the max Grade is now XII, however the Power value of the max Grade remains unchanged. The Power needed for a Power Promotion to the previous Grade X and the new Grade XII is the same.
- We redesigned the Power Grades from Grade IX up to Grade XII, by specifying new Power preconditions for Regular, Advanced, Elite and Superelite units.
- Added Power Grades XI and XII specifications and buffs. More buffs will now be available.
- Added 5 new Alliance Tags, bringing the total number of tags to 10.